Key Takeaways from the Microsoft Ignite 2019 Tour Event in London
Microsoft’s Ignite tour came to London on 26 and 27 February, and Boost Technology Group were in attendance for day two of the event. This 2-day extravaganza brings together a broad range of Microsoft Partners as well as tech professionals to share the latest news, trends and insights in the world of cloud development, data, IT and business intelligence.
We were keen to find out the latest in the world of AI, business intelligence and Office 365, and how we can apply these to enhance and develop our partners in the future. There were several excellent presentations that provided market insights, updates on the latest technological advances from Microsoft, plus we got a sneak preview on new updates to Office 365, Teams, Azure and Power BI.
Panel discussions ran alongside keynote presentations on topics and themes such as “The cloud within the cloud”, “Teamwork is our human superpower” and “How to create end to end processes by delivering custom AI applications” to name but a few.
In addition to the presentations and panel discussions from key people at Microsoft there was a large exhibition comprising of a variety of Microsoft Partners including Logitech, Riverbed, Code42, Changing Social, Intercloud and many more.
Key takeaways from the event were:
- Teamwork is our human superpower and requires good tools to make it work properly and efficiently for partners. This is where Microsoft Teams and icy365 come in, as the two integrate seamlessly to provide a project management and collaboration experience that gives an organised, structured and goal-orientated approach.
- Migrating to the cloud offers a wealth of opportunity for partners if done correctly, and can help you move from being a JAR to a VAR.
- AI and machine learning can help with end to end processes in your organisation by helping you deliver custom applications that are applicable to each product and service you have in your portfolio as a partner or reseller.
- Voice assisted apps are on the rise and it is estimated that about 30% of all searches will be done without a screen by 2020.
- The adoption of tools such as Office365 and Teams is as crucial as the deployment of them for optimum usage and success.
- Building a secure organisation is critical and should not compromise the productivity of your business. The four pillars of security must be adhered to: identity, access management, threat protection, information protection and robust cyber security protocols.
- Securing and protecting your organisation is a must, especially for VARs and partners. Not only will your business reputation be affected in the event of a data breach, but so will your partners reputation.
- With the massive amounts of data coming from all over organisations, using real-time data to answer business critical questions is key. Power BI can uncover patterns that might otherwise go unnoticed.
The presentations from the event can be accessed here.
If you’d like to discuss the content of the Microsoft Ignite London Tour in more detail, please contact us.